Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Resolutions

So my friends we embark on the journey that a new year brings. This year will be an interesting one for sure. I will be turning 21 and making the transition into my last year of college. The time has for sure flown by. It seems like not long ago I was trying to get things finalized before getting accepted at Bethel and graduating from high school. There have been a lot of on my life both positive and negative. Through all that I have grown a lot. I've met many people that I can't. Imagine life without, several within the last year. I love them all so much and they are all amazing people. Some are friends I met and ended up living with, going from strangers to those I can't imagine living without. One is a young woman who I met by chance who has a great heart and passion for other people that I admire greatly. And yet another is a professor and a doctor who truly cares about not only her students and the subject matter of the class but about what the student actually gets out of the class. She is a true hero based on the amount of work she puts into her students. And there are many others.

So every new year people make all kinds of resolutions and promises for the next year. I don't make it a habit of making promises because of how hard it is to keep them. In other words, when I say promise, I mean it. This year instead of resolutions, I'm picking goals for things I'd like to do within the next year. The first one being that I'd like to read one book a month. 12 books in a year is honestly not that much considering I have 5 on my kindle that I haven't read yet. The one I'm reading first is called "When God Writes Your Love Story" and it's by Eric and Leslie Ludy. I also want to make it a point to read my bible more. I'd like to read the while bible in a year, at least the New Testament. I also want to blog more and write poetry more. You may catch me killing two birds with one stone by posting poetry here lol. I want to do better with my homework and and classes. I would like to go to vespers and other things like that more. We'll see what happens.

So what are your goals/resolutions/promises or whatever you call them?

No comments:

Post a Comment