Tuesday, August 21, 2012

One More Week

So we are now on the last week before school starts. Yesterday and today I got to spend time with Beth for her birthday along with a few of her friends and some girls from school. I enjoyed the break and such before getting down to business and actually packing and getting everything done before I leave. This year is going to be a blast.
I forgot to mention in my last post that I finished one of my goals of finishing a book before getting back, by reading Ridley Pearson's Kingdom Keepers: Disney After Dark (found here). Although this book was a really easy read and a little bit childish I really enjoyed it. The premise of the book is similar to Night at the Museum 2. In this book five middle schoolers are chosen to be Disney Host Interactive guides. They are hologram tour guides that run during the daytime hours in the parks. The main character, Finn, quickly finds out that a tour guide was not the only reason why the DHI's were created. I liked the book because it was not only adventurous but the author didn't go into lengthy details describing everything. I'm glad I finally read it after buying it several years ago.

I've also come up with a plan that I would like to stick to and I hope you all will help me keep it up by yelling at me if I forget. My plan is this: I have obtained all of the Francis Chan books, which are Forgotten God, Crazy Love, and Erasing Hell. Sundays are going to be my Sabbath day and I plan on reading one chapter, starting with the first book, and writing a blogpost about it as a reflection. I also plan on not doing homework on these days, so it may take some time management on my part to get my homework done on all the other days. The only exception to this rule will be if I have a test on Monday and need to study. If that happens I will make sure that I spend equal the amount of time reading my Bible or something like that. In addition with working on Remedy on Wednesday nights, I'm going to be making that a prayer time so I can pray for the chatters and such. I already started a prayer journal keeping track of some of the requests that I've been getting. So in other words I should have a post up every Sunday and if I don't feel free to remind me :) I also plan on going to Friday Night Fire every week and Wednesday night Vespers when I can. I appreciate your input and if you would like to join me you can find the books here, here, and here. I will be starting the first chapter of Forgotten God this Sunday. I recommend getting the kindle editions because they are cheaper and don't require shipping and such.
I hope I can keep this up along with everything else I have to do, but I'm remaining optimistic about it :)


Today I:
Saw- Beth Love her :)
Heard- Britt Nichole Love her music.  
Smelled- Nothing spectacular
Tasted- Tacos
Touched- a weird rash that broke out randomly on my hand. 

Hoodies designed: 19
Poems: 14.25 (one in the works but it's going really slow)



No comments:

Post a Comment